- Over $200,000 raised for the completion of the first comprehensive training and treatment center for community ophthalmology in all of Africa!
- 200 people actually permanently cured of blindness in Africa during live 8-hour webathon!
Watch a brief summary!
We raised $100,000 for Seva International!
Part 1 – Featuring:
- OWSP President and Founder Richard Weiss, MD explains how he organized 44 doctors across the country to inject over 1000 patients with Botox Cosmetic to raise funds to cure blindness in Africa. This entire event was broadcast live over the Internet using the “virtual TV studio” provided by Mogulus.com
Exclusive! Dr. Weiss sits down with David Pyott, CEO of Allergan Inc. Only available on EndBlindness.tv
Part 3 – Featuring:
- commentaries by Suzanne Gilbert, PhD., Director of Blindness Prevention for the Seva Foundation
- Victoria Sheffield, President of the International Eye Foundation
- a clip from Infinite Vision, a movie about Dr. Venkataswamy (used with permission), who is responsible for revolutionizing the provision of eye care in the developing world!
Part 4 – Featuring:
- an explanation of cataracts by Richard Lindstrom, M.D., President of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- commentary by renowned ophthalmologist and flying eye hospital ORBIS founder David Paton, M.D.
- an interview with inventor and businessman Bo Clawson of Humitek Ltd.
Part 5 – Featuring:
- World renowned architect Brion Jeannette explains his plans for modular eye care centers in Africa
- An interview with Gene Rhodes, philanthropist and early supporter of the One World Sight Project
Part 6 – Featuring:
- Message from Bjorn Thylefors, M.D., Former Manager of the Blindness Prevention Program for the WHO to Stevie Wonder, after which Stevie joined us as a Special Advisor!
- Live Internet interviews with Drs. Steven Hopping (Washington DC) and Joseph Eviatar (New York)
- Eugene Helvesten, M.D., Chief Ophthalmologist for ORBIS
- Nag Rao, M.D., President, International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
- Harriet Schloer, Secretary, Rotary Blindness Prevention Action Group
- Jim Salz, M.D., Ophthalmologist
- Closing credits detailing the people who were involved with the making of the DVD and the One World Sight Project in general.
- The song “One Spirit” written by Dr. Weiss and sung by legendary vocalist Jimmy Hopper